Yuxiao Chang Lab
常玉晓，研究员，博士生导师。中国农科院“青年英才”，深圳市“海外高层次人才”。2009年毕业于华中农业大学作物遗传改良国家重点实验室，获理学博士学位。2010-2015年先后在美国The Wistar Institute和The Jackson Lab for Genomic Medicine从事肿瘤基因组学研究。目前主要研究领域为新一代测序技术的开发及应用和产业化，已经成功开发出多种新的DNA测序相关方法并申请了专利。近三年以通讯作者在国际学术期刊上发表学术论文2篇。
2015.2—至今 中国农业科学院深圳农业基因组研究所 研究员
2010.5—2012.9 美国维斯塔研究所 博后
2012.10—2015.1 美国杰克逊基因组医学实验室 博后
2002.9-2009.12 华中农业大学 理学博士
1997.9 -2001.7 河南农业大学 农学学士
新一代测序技术(Next Generation Sequence)的快速发展已经深深的影响了植物功能基因组学和育种研究的方方面面，随着测序技术的不断成熟以及价格的不断下降，未来NGS一定会与植物功能基因组学和育种研究更紧密的结合。我们的研究方向主要是基于NGS，开发为植物功能基因组学和育种研究服务的新方法，主要包括：第一，DNA大片段文库的制备；第二，全基因组分子标记的新方法；第三，这些新技术在复杂植物基因组中的应用，尤其是玉米抗病基因定位与克隆中的应用。
Yuxiao (Sean) Chang, Principle Investigator, Doctoral Advisor ,Research Professor, " Outstanding Young talents" of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Science (CAAS), "Overseas high-Caliber Personnel". He has been engaged in rice functional genomics research, participated in the creation of rice T-DNA insertional mutant library and cloned a number of genes controlled rice fertility exploiting these T-DNA insertional mutant, the related results are published in the Plant Cell, Plant physiology and the Plant Journal. Currently, He engaged in the development of a novel NGS methods and its application and industrialization, He has successfully developed a variety of novel methods related to DNA sequencing and applied for patents.
2015.2–Present Agricultural Genomics Institute at Shenzhen-CAAS Research Professor
2010.5 - 2012.9 The Wistar Institute Postdoctoral fellow
2012.10 – 2015.1 The Jackson Laboratory for Genomics Medicine Postdoctoral fellow
2002.9-2009.12 Huazhong Agricultural University Ph.D
1997.9 -2001.7 Henan Agricultural University Bachelor
My research interest is focusing on develop cutting-edge technologies for plant breeders, including high efficiency tools for whole genome genotyping at different density based on next generation sequencing (NGS) technology, breeding information systems.
With the well rapid progress on plant functional genomics and molecular marker systems, there is a rapidly rising trend in the application of molecular marker assays for gene mapping and discovery in plant research. Currently, most of the commercially genotyping methods were chip-based, however, the techniques for manufacture of chip are monopolized by some international enterprise and the price are too high to be used widely by breeders in China. The rapid decreasing of NGS cost opens potential opportunity to replace chip-based genotyping methods, but the cost for library preparation step is still too high. We have developed a couple of novel methods for NGS library preparation which generated molecular marker at various density for different purpose, but the method for genotyping in target sites are still absent. we will develop a novel method for high efficiency molecular marker in target sites based on methods we have set up now. With the decrease in sequencing cost as well as the novel methods we have developed or will do recently, we predict that in the future, the majority cost for plant sample genotyping will be the labor fee instead of reagent cost for molecular biology, hence, it will be critical to set up the method for NGS library preparation by liquid handler, we aimed to set up the software for our novel methods for whole genome genotyping.
Developed an improved method for large size DNA recovery which facilitated the Fosmid library preparation. Developed an improved library preparation method for cost effective and high-throughput next-generation sequencing.
1. Ping Li, Haoju Liu, Hong Yang, Xiaojun Pu, Chuanhong Li, Heqiang Huo, Zhaohui Chu, Yuxiao Chang, Yongjun Lin, Li Liu, Translocation of Drought-Responsive Proteins from the Chloroplasts, Cells 2020, 9(1), 259
2. Ce Deng, Huimin Li, Zhimin Li, Zhiqiang Tian, Jiafa Chen, Gengshen Chen, Xuecai Zhang, Junqiang Ding*, Yuxiao Chang*, New QTL for resistance to Puccinia polysora Underw in maize, Journal of Applied Genetics, 2019, 60: 147-150.
3. Zhiyong Li, Yifeng Wang, Babatunde Kazeem Bello, Abolore Adijat Ajadi, Xiaohong Tong, Yuxiao Chang*, Jian Zhang*, Construction of a Quantitative Acetylomic Tissue Atlas in Rice (Oryza sativa L.), Molecules, 2018, 23(11): 2843-2859
4. Changsong Zou, Leiting Li, Daisuke Miki, Deli Li, Qiming Tang, Lihong Xiao, Santosh Rajput, Ping Deng, Li Peng, Wei Jia, Ru Huang, Meiling Zhang, Yidan Sun, Jiamin Hu, Xing Fu, Patrick S. Schnable, Yuxiao Chang, Feng Li, Hui Zhang, Baili Feng, Xinguang Zhu, Renyi Liu, James C. Schnable, Jiankang Zhu*, Heng Zhang*, The genome of broomcorn millet, Nature Communications, 2019, 10(1): 436-446
5. Yuxiao Chang, Liang Gong, Wenya Yuan, Xingwang Li, Guoxing Chen, Xianghua Li, Qifa Zhang, Changyin Wu*, Replication protein A (RPA1a) is required for meiotic and somatic DNA repair but is dispensable for DNA replication and homologous recombination in rice, Plant Physiology, 2009, 151(4): 2162-2173
6. Yuxiao Chang, Tuan Long, Changyin Wu*, Effort and contribution of T-DNA Insertion mutant library for rice functional genomics research in China: review and perspective, Journal of Integrative Plant Biology, 2012, 54(12): 953-966
7. Xingwang Li, Yuxiao Chang, Xiaodong Xin, Chunmei Zhu, Xianghua Li, James D Higgins, Changyin Wu*, Replication protein A2c coupled with replication protein A1c regulates crossover formation during meiosis in rice, Plant Cell, 2013, 25(10): 3885-3899
8. Yanjun Kou, Yuxiao Chang, Xianghua Li, Jinghua Xiao, Shiping Wang*, The rice RAD51C gene is required for the meiosis of both female and male gametocytes and the DNA repair of somatic cells, Journal of Experimental Botany, 2012, 63(14): 5323-5335
9. 张翠翠，赵胜，王越，张鹏 ，常玉晓，利用高效的大片段 DNA 回收方法改良 Fosmid 文库的构建，生物技术通报，2020, 36(7):17-23